1) In this song, Paula sings about being in a dream. Did you dream last night?
“lost…in a dream…i don’t know which way to turn…” oh my gosh all the lyrics just came flooding back to me even though i haven’t heard this song in years! eek.
yes, i did dream. it was a work dream. it kinda carried on from a txt conversation i was having with a colleague just before i fell asleep.
2) When Paula enrolled at California State University, she planned on studying broadcasting and becoming a reporter. Think about your career aspirations when you were 19. Did you follow through and stay on track or, like Paula, did you veer off and find success elsewhere?
i did veer off the path i wanted to be on when i was 19, but i wouldn’t say i was a success.
3) For a while she was a “Laker Girl” and performed at L.A. Laker games. Do you have a favorite NBA team?
no. i don’t care for basketball.
4) Paula was once married to Brad Beckerman of Stillhouse Spirits, a company that specializes in whiskey. What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?
i don’t partake in alcoholic beverages.
5) Paula has been dancing since age 8 and, as you can see from the video, Paula moves very well in heels. Tell us about your most comfy shoes.
it amazes me watching dancers in heels. that must be so sore and bad for your leg muscles?? my most comfy shoes are crocs, but not those big clunky crocs. they are called ballet shoes and, yes, they are flats, but it’s soooo comfy.
6) Paula admits it was her passion for jewelry and that inspired her to design her own line for QVC and Avon. What is your favorite thing to go shopping for?
hmm. i guess gadgets? they fascinate me.
7) She advises young girls to “keep the faith and don’t lose your gut instinct.” How about you? Are you more logical or instinctive?
i’m more logical, i think. i try to do what i think is right rather than what my gut is telling me.
8) In May, Paula traveled to Austria for The Life Ball, a fundraiser to help those afflicted with HIV/AIDS. When is the last time you left the country?
i don’t know if this counts as leaving the country but when i was 10 we went to tijuana for a couple of hours. i didn’t like it–so many beggars, most of them were kids my age or younger. 😦
9) Paula Abdul is a spokeswoman for Avon’s “Go Check Yourself” campaign for breast health awareness. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Do you know anyone who has been touched by this disease?
unfortunately, yes, too many. and all but one so far has succumbed to it 😦