1. What would you pick as a major, if you could go back to college and do it again?
i think i would go into engineering or something, or have stuck with computer science.
2. Who is the one celebrity with whom you would most like to have an indepth conversation?
i’m not a good conversationalist so it would have to be someone who would most of the talking. maybe craig ferguson? he’s chatty, entertaining, and can get really deep in his thinking.
3. If you could make a living doing ANYthing, what would that be?
sleeping? haha. probably writing, although lately i’ve been thinking about how it would be like if i was a chef.
4. What’s your all-time very favorite dessert?
5. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
2. i rarely wear them, though.
6. What is your favorite flower, and why?
pīkake, because it has such a lovely fragrance. tiare is a close second.
7. What book has most changed your life?
for my career, it has been reading with meaning. i call it my bible.
8. What is your least favorite vegetable? Is there any way you can be persuaded to eat it?
canned beets, i think. just thinking about them makes me gag. i’ve always wondered if i would like beets if not prepared that way.
9. If you could take a nonstop first class flight to any destination, where would you pick to land?
oh gosh i am so over flying…but if it’s first class and i have a lot of room…hmm. maybe somewhere in europe. i’ve always wanted to go to greece, since i was little, but now i also wouldn’t mind seeing italy or spain or france.
10. If your 15 minutes of fame included a stint on American Idol, what song would be your trademark solo?
oh gee i would be the william hung of american idol. i can’t sing. this would be way too ambitious for me, but i think maybe “shadows of the night” or “we belong.”
11. If you could pick one former friend (who has remained elusive in this wild Facebook world) to reunite with, who would you unearth?
i think it would be one of my exes, actually. not because i want to rekindle anything but i’d just like to know what he’s been up to and how he’s doing. for someone who had his own little niche on the web when we were dating back in the ’90s before this whole internet thing exploded, he has been strangely absent from all these social media things and i am curious to see how he turned out.
12. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit?
i have never been to las vegas, so i’d like to see what all the hubbub is about. on the same note, i’ve never been to new york city, which i wouldn’t mind seeing, too, just to experience it. we actually were thinking of driving over to new york city when we were in philadelphia but never made it because by that time in the trip i was feeling really yucky. i also wouldn’t mind going to seattle or even portland just because i know a few people who went and love it there, and i wouldn’t mind going to see like grand canyon or mount rushmore or old faithful or any of those places. it’s easy to pick somewhere i haven’t been before because i haven’t been to many places.
13. Name three of your guilty pleasures.
pokémon, 1D, tsum tsum.
14. The best kind of cookie is:
chocolate chip. i especially loved mrs. field’s milk chocolate chip cookie. yum.
15. What do you value most in other people?
16. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?
i guess. if i think really hard about it, i can convince myself of it somewhat. 😛
17. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited?
kalalau. absolutely gorgeous.
18. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
i’m actually more of a thinker, but gosh darn, i get so emotional, especially when it has to do with unfairness. my libra scales are tipping! haha. no, but when i see injustice, especially to children or animals, i get so upset. but most other things, i think i’m more of a thinker.
19. Name three things you are thankful for right now.
that I’m alive, that my mom is alive, and i have a wonderful son.
20. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race?
yes. i’m not coordinated enough to do well in those.
21. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart?