1) In this song/video, Ms. Sinatra’s boots make a serious fashion statement. Do you choose footwear for comfort or fashion?
totally comfort. i wouldn’t be able to walk around in shoes that hurt or are five inches high and put my feet at a weird angle. i have enough trouble with my feet anyway; i’d prefer them flat on the ground and comfy.
2) This is by far the biggest hit of Nancy Sinatra’s career, which includes 6 top ten hits. Can you name another?
i didn’t know she had any other hits, so no, i can’t! haha.
3) Nancy recorded it on Reprise Records, which was founded by her father, Frank. Did your parents give you a leg up in your chosen career?
no. i did hint once to my dad that i wanted a job where he worked but he wasn’t biting. 😛
4) Professionally Nancy has been involved in espionage, singing the theme to a James Bond movie and appearing in an episode of The Man from UNCLE. Do you enjoy spy/secret agent stories?
5) Nancy maintains the official Sinatra family website, which includes a link to the site of Mia Farrow. Ms. Farrow was, briefly, Nancy’s stepmother, and obviously they are still on good terms. Do you have a big, extended family?
kinda. i think i’m closer to my sister’s inlaws than i am my dad’s wife’s family, which is saying a lot as i don’t particularly like my sister’s inlaws. but i’m sure if i was closer to my dad’s wife, there’s that whole family as well. but my dad was close to his cousins so their kids and us used to play together a lot and now they have a whole bunch of kids and so it’s a nice big family now.
6) Nancy’s music — and posters — were very popular with the troops during the Vietnam War. Nancy continues to return their loyalty and affection with her efforts on behalf of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund. Here’s your chance to promote a cause that’s near and dear to your heart. What charity gets your support?
i always support any kind of activities that american heart association or cancer foundations do.
7) Nancy hosts a Sirius radio show devoted to her father’s music. Do you have a subscription to a satellite radio or podcast network?
i subscribe to only one podcast. i’ve tried others, but there’s something in there that annoys me so i’ve narrowed it down to just one, and that’s the only one i listen to.
8) Nancy has said that she and her sister Tina had a more comfortable relationship with their famous father than their late brother, Frank, Jr., did. Do you think it’s easier for mothers to get along with their sons, while fathers have an easier time with their daughters?
well, my mom never had sons but we’re much closer to her than we are to my dad. i think my middle sister was the closest to my dad. i do see that problem with my nephew and nieces, though. my sister has to stick up for my nephew because her husband is just awful to him. yet he dotes so much on his daughters. he is wrapped around all of their fingers.
9) Random question: Tonight’s dinner is on us. Would you prefer to eat at a casual restaurant with exceptional food, or an exclusive restaurant with so-so food but a celebrity clientele?
i really don’t care about celebrities, and it would bother me that i’m in an expensive restaurant and the food is just mediocre. like i’m paying that much for something i can make at home? i’d much rather the casual restaurant with yummy food. 🙂