1) The first line is of this song is, “My life is brilliant.” Using one word, describe your life.
2) This is about a chance encounter between strangers in a crowd, specifically the subway. What “crowded place” were you most recently in?
i guess a shopping center, although that was a while ago.
3) Near the very end of this song, James Blunt sings, “It’s time to face the truth.” Do you believe you face things head on? Or do you tend to deny or put off the unpleasant?
i tend to put off the unpleasant.
4) James Blunt went to an all-boys school. Some educators recommend single-sex classrooms because they maintain girls just naturally approach subjects like math and science differently than boys do. Do you agree?
i’m not sure, because i guess i don’t see it with the age group that i used to work with. it may be that way with the older kids, though.
5) Blunt put his father in charge of his finances. Income taxes are top of mind for many of us this time of year. Do you do your own taxes? Or do you go to an accountant or tax preparation service?
i do my own, although i use a computer program to help me.
6) In 2005, the year this song was a hit, the sitcom How I Met Your Mother was also popular. Do you know how your parents met?
i think it was at work? they both worked at the same place, but i’m not sure if that’s where they met. i never bothered to ask when they were together and it’s too much of a sore subject right now for me to ask now.
7) 2005 is also the year Tom Cruise famously jumped on a sofa. Do you remember where he did this?
on oprah. when i hear “jumped on a sofa” i think of continual jumping, like monkeys jumping on the bed type of thing. but it was actually just one jump onto the sofa, if i remember correctly. i don’t know…he creeps me out.
8) 2005 was also the year YouTube really took off. What’s the last video you watched?
haha, i almost went to go look up the tom cruise jumping on the couch thing for the last question to see if he jumped more than one time, but then i decided not to because i didn’t want my suggestions to have tom cruise videos in it 😛 i had been watching my subscribed-to videos prior to doing this, so it was one of them.
9) Random question … Which of these high profile jobs would you enjoy more: head of General Motors, CEO of Apple or president of the New York Yankees?
i would want to be the ceo of apple so i can see what new things are coming out before they are announced, although i don’t think i could do those talks they always do when they announce things. i’d be awful at that and then no one would want to buy our products.