aww. this song totally reminds me of high school, and now i feel old.
1) This week’s song is performed by an all-star quartet: Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Gladys Knight and Stevie Wonder. You have your choice: which of these four would you most like to see in concert?
hmm. i think all of these people were just a bit before my time, although i do know more elton john songs than the rest of them–he still continued to have hits in the ’80s. well, wait, so did stevie wonder. i think i would like to see him just because i’m fascinated with how he feels the music, but i think i might know more elton john songs.
2) Dionne Warwick was Whitney Houston’s cousin. Name a Whitney Houston song.
“ohhhh i wanna dance with somebody…with somebody who loves me…” 🙂 that and “how will i know” are the only two songs i like from her. oh, and “i have nothing.” the rest of her song…eh. i know them, but i don’t care for them.
3) Gladys Knight owns a chain of chicken and waffle restaurants around Atlanta. When you have waffles, what do you top them with? (Powdered sugar? Butter? Syrup? Fruit?)
i’d rather eat waffles plain, unless it’s like a waffle cone, which i like with my ice cream. on a side note, we tried to look for her restaurants when we were in atlanta, but the one we did manage to track down was closed. ;(
4) Elton John has turned his bad eyesight into a hobby, claiming that over the years he has purchased well over than 200,000 pairs of glasses. Do you wear glasses? If so, how many prescription pairs do you own?
i am suppose to wear prescription glasses when i drive, but i don’t always. my eyesight is just bad enough to not pass the vision test for a driver’s license, but it’s okay enough just for regular seeing things. thus, i only have one pair that i keep in the car.
5) Stevie Wonder has a scar on his nose from a 1973 car crash. Have you ever been in a car accident?
yes, as a passenger, though. it wasn’t very bad; the driver of the car i was in rear-ended the person in front and though none of us were hurt, the car was messed up pretty bad. every time i’m out in the car though i worry about being in a car accident. i just keep thinking you never know–you may be a good driver, but someone else may not be paying attention or is drunk and slams into you, and that’s the end of your life, and you never really get to prepare for it, you’re just going about your normal routine and bam! that’s the end…and, sadly, yes, that’s the way my mind works. so morbid, i know. it makes me wonder if in a past life i was killed in a car crash or was in a big one that paralyzed me or something, for me to have these thoughts every time i go into a car! it’s weird.
6) Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager were married when they wrote this. Do you know a husband and wife who work together?
yes, there are 3 pairs at my workplace right now; next year, there will be 4, as one was just hired that is a spouse of someone who already works here, although admittedly, they are not *husband* and wife.
7) This song celebrates friendship through good times and bad. Tell us about a happy time you recently shared with someone close to you.
hmm. the hubs and i had a nice, quiet time for once about a month ago that was happy. 🙂 i think so, anyway.
8) Now share a time when you were there for a friend through a tough time.
i had a friend going through a rough breakup but i don’t know how much i was there for her…i mean, i listened to her and consoled her when she cried, but i’m not a very good advice giver so i wasn’t much of a help.
9) Random question: When is the last time you were out of breath?
i am very frequently out of breath. i can’t walk very far without having to stop and catch my breath.