In memory of Glenn Frey (1948-2016).
1) In this song, Glenn explores one of the great romantic conundrums. This week, Saturday 9 is confronting it, too. If you had to choose, would you prefer to be loved, or to be in love?
as selfish as it sounds, iʻd prefer to be loved. iʻve been in love too many times where the other person isnʻt having it, so yeah. iʻm over that already. 😛
2) The song describes an awkward moment: an old boyfriend calls when a woman is on a date with someone new. To whom did you last say, “I can’t talk now?”
i didnʻt really say, “I canʻt talk now” but more gave a glare at a person who was interrupting when i was trying to listen to someone else explain something.
3) The lyrics talk about heart vs head. When you find yourself in that predicament, which usually wins — heart or head?
my head. as iʻve said, iʻm over listening to the heart already. 😛
4) This song was from Glenn Frey’s solo album, No Fun Aloud. What fun stuff are you looking forward to this weekend?
iʻm not sure. relaxing?
5) Glenn Frey was born in Royal Oak, a suburb of Detroit. The Motor City is known for car manufacturing. Is your car domestic or foreign?
it is foreign.
6) The popular 1990s sitcom Home Improvement was set in Royal Oak. Are you handy around the house?
hmm. i can be, if i have to. the internet has helped me greatly whenever i need to figure out how to do things.
7) Glenn Frey co-founded The Eagles in 1970. What’s your favorite Eagles song?
the only one i really know by them is “hotel california” which i think is a creepy song. they were just slightly before my time.
8) The Eagles helped define “California Rock,” but in recent years Glenn and his wife lived in Tribeca. Have you ever been to New York? If so, did you like it?
we were for a little while this past summer. it was okay? i didnʻt get to spend as long as i wouldʻve liked.
9) Glenn wrote “Smuggler’s Blues” and “You Belong to the City” for the iconic 1980s TV show, Miami Vice. What else comes to mind when you think of the 80s?
practically my whole life 😛 haha iʻm an ʻ80s girl so most of the music i listen to, and fashions i can think of, and shows that i reminisce about are all from the ʻ80s 🙂