1) According to a marketing research firm, this song is both one of the most played and most hated songs of the season. Do you like it?
heh if it’s one of the most hated, then why do people play it so much? i don’t really care for it myself. i know it’s supposed to be funny, but i don’t condone violence on grandmas.
2) In this song, Grandma’s troubles start when she drinks too much eggnog. Do you like eggnog?
i do! well, i did. i’m afraid now it’ll give me too much of a tummy ache.
3) In the song, Grandpa recovers from losing Grandma by drinking beer and playing cards with Cousin Mel. Will you be celebrating the holidays with cousins?
no, probably not. we used to always be all together, all the cousins and second cousins and all, but as those in my grandma’s generation have passed on, we don’t have the get-togethers we used to always have at the holidays.
4) When did you most recently drink a beer? Was it in a bottle, a can or a glass?
i haven’t drank beer in years. i did so in college once, as the loser of a card game we were playing. it was in a bottle, and i was supposed to chug the whole bottle all in one gulp but seeing i never drank and couldn’t stand the smell…i just took a long sip before putting it down still about half-filled, even though others were calling me out for not going through with the chug, since that was my punishment. bleah. never finished that bottle and haven’t touched it since.
5) The lyrics refer to “pudding of fig.” In “We Wish You a Merry Christmas,” the carolers demand figgy pudding. Yet despite its popularity in holiday songs, Sam has never tasted fig pudding. Have you?
no, i haven’t. i don’t know that i’ve even tried a fig, except for the one in a fig newton, and i didn’t care for it.
6) Thinking of holiday sweets, would you prefer a gingerbread cookie or slice of pumpkin pie?
i would prefer pumpkin pie, but sadly, i can’t have either.
7) This song was recorded by a duo named Elmo & Patsy. It occurs to Sam that she has never met anyone named Elmo. How about you? Any Elmos in your life?
just the red fuzzy monster. 😛
8) Do you need snow to get “into the spirit?”
nope! i’d rather not need snow, actually. although i guess you could say i’d need a lot to get me into the spirits. but snow is definitely not one of them!
9) Random question: Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year?
i had to get one in my condition. however, they stopped the funding for me to get it at work so i had to get it from the doctor, who charges a lot more for it, including an “administering fee.”