1) In this song, Chuck E.’s friends look for him at the pool hall and the drugstore. If we want to find you on a Saturday afternoon, where should we look?
well, usually, at work, but lately, at home.
2) The lyrics tell us his friends know something up with Chuck E because he’s even combed his hair. So here’s a question about your hair: do you usually use a blow dryer or let it air dry?
i let it air dry, although it takes more than a day to be completely dry.
3) In this song, Ricki Lee sings that she spotted Chuck E. at the Pantages, a grand old Los Angeles theater. Nearly 100 years old, the Pantages was originally a movie palace and was renovated in the 1980s for concerts and theatrical productions. Tell us about a cool landmark in your town.
i don’t know that there are any, as this place used to be all sugar cane not more than 30 years ago. i guess the walmart is now a landmark, but it’s not very cool.
4) “Chuck E.” is a real person. Chuck E. Weiss is a blues musician and DJ who hung around with Ricki Lee and her boyfriend … until he fell in love. Have you ever had a friendship fall by the wayside when one of you entered a romantic relationship?
yes, although they come back when it ultimately fails.
5) Rickie Lee was once married to a French musician named Pascal Nabet-Meyer. Say something to us in French.
voulez vous coucher avec moi c’est soi 😛
6) When her popularity was at its height, Rickie Lee appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone twice. Who have you seen on a recent magazine cover?
i think it was sandra bullock, with her two kids.
7) Rolling Stone called Rickie Lee “the duchess of cool.” Who is the coolest person you know?
my co-worker is very cool.
8) 1979 was a good year for Rickie Lee, what with her big hit record and the Rolling Stone covers. But it was a terrible year for The Who, because eleven of their fans died during an Ohio concert. What’s your favorite Who song?
the song that comes to mind is a song my dad used to play a lot but i don’t know the title. i guess i’ll choose “my generation,” which i know as a remake.
9) Rickie Lee moved to New Orleans, a city she fell in love with after a visit. Have you ever gone to a vacation spot and wished you could just stay there forever?
yes, i sometimes think that when going to the outer islands. not as many people! haha 😛