yay! the snow is back on wordpress! 🙂
1) The “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” video begins with the gentlemen of Green Day dealing with car trouble. If your car overheated, what’s the first thing you would do to remedy the situation?
pull over and let it cool down? i’m not sure. i’d at least pull over to google it!
2) Thinking of cars, lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong has had his share of trouble behind the wheel and was busted for driving well beyond the speed limit. Was your last ticket for parking, or was it a moving violation?
speeding, i think. i don’t know that i’ve ever gotten a parking ticket.
3) Billie Joe says “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” was inspired by the Edward Hopper painting, “Nighthawks.” Tell us about a piece of artwork that you enjoy. (Yes, the macaroni picture frame created for you by your nephew counts.)
i like most artwork, but i guess since you added the last bit, i enjoy the ones that are hanging in my mom’s room–a collection of artwork from my nieces and my son when they were all much younger. it’s so cute and funny to look at.
4) Let’s go back to childhood. Was the home where you grew up located on a boulevard, an avenue, a street, a lane or a road?
5) This song won Green Day a Grammy for Record of the Year. What positive feedback have you received recently?
one of the RTs called me up yesterday afternoon and asked if she could bring a bunch of my former coworkers around to look at “all the awesomeness” like the other RT did earlier (and then in the background, i heard that RT yell out, “yes! all the awesomeness! we looooooooove you!”). although i protested that i have any awesomeness to show, i admit that that request made me feel nice. 🙂
6) Green Day uses their Facebook page to let more than 32 millions know what the group is doing. What’s the last thing you posted to social media?
it will be this post. 🙂 haha. i think i tweeted a bunch of things last week or so.
7) In 2004, when this song was popular, Ken Jennings had a still unbeaten string of 74 wins on Jeopardy! What game show do you think you’d do well on?
maybe win, lose, or draw? i like to draw. i don’t know that it’s still around, though. i caught a snippet of craig ferguson’s new game show, and i think i might do okay on that one.
8) Also in 2004, Lance Armstrong was in the midst of his own Tour de France winning streak. Now we know he cheated. Tell us about a time you broke the rules.
he cheated? wow. i have some reading to do after i post this 😛 i had an a/c unit installed without following the correct guidelines to have one on our property, and i got a fine for that. 😦 it’s still not up to code but i don’t know how to get it there. luckily, i haven’t been fined again.
9) 2004 is when Morgan Spurlock released Super Size Me, his documentary about eating nothing but McDonald’s for a month. What’s the last fast food restaurant you visited?
my sister brought home some kfc last night. the one i personally visited might have been jack in the box, i think.