1) Of the various cultures, ethnicities or nationalities you belong to, which most strongly do you consider yourself?
i’m not sure…i’m a mix of ethnicities but don’t really practice their customs. at one stage of my life, i was more heavily into one culture than my others, but now? probably just the average american culture.
2) Is there a culture you cannot claim heritage from but which you feel quite close to?
hm, i don’t think so? i think we’re all just so assimilated right now that it’s hard to distinguish what practices come from where.
3) What’s one language you wish you knew fluently?
i’m starting to wish i knew japanese, since i play the japanese version of tsum tsum a lot!
4) If you could move anywhere in the world and be guaranteed a job, etc., where would you go?
you know what? i’d stay right here. i honestly don’t think i could live anywhere else. maybe another island in the chain, but still, i’d choose the general area of here.
5) If you had a time machine, and could witness any one event without altering or disturbing it, what would you want to see?
hmm. i really don’t know. i’m not really into history. although mysteries intrigue me, so i’d maybe want to see something that was controversial so i know what really happened…but that’s a bit morbid, i think, to see!
6) Have problems sleeping?
recently, yes. i’ve been bedridden for nearly a week so my body just is not tired.
7) Are you free with your feelings?
hmm. i’d say most times, but then again, a lot of people have a hard time reading me, so maybe not.
8) What is the one outfit/piece of clothing/accessory you own that makes you feel incredibly good whenever you wear it? Why?
i have a long slinky black dress that i love for the way it feels on my skin (the material is so smooth and soft) and the way it twirls around my legs. i love wearing it and walking while twisting my hips so the material swishes about my legs. i’m weird.
9) What do you do to make yourself feel better when you’re in a funk?
listen to music! while stuck in bed, i’ve been listening to internet radio stations that play all ’80s tunes and just have had fun singing along to these songs i haven’t heard in ages! and if i let myself think about it a little, i start to get wistful and teary. *sigh* but other than that, music is what helps keep me happy! i just need to stop thinking about it and just let the music take me to wherever i need to go.
10) Has anyone ever surprised you in a way that let you know you were special? How?
yes, the hubs is pretty good at that. and i get really nice things from the kids at times. and i don’t mean only the physical gifts and letters and stuff…just even them popping in to say hi and seeing how i am, giving me a hug, or just wanting to chat about their day, even though they are in other grades now, makes me feel special. the fact that they took time out of their day to come to see me makes me feel loved and special enough that they thought of me. it’s so nice. ❤️ makes this crazy job worth it sometimes. 🙂
11) When you are having a “good day,” how do you spread the happiness to others?
just smile. 🙂 i’ve been thanked for smiling, which is weird, but i guess if it helped to brighten their day, then fine! there’s also an old, homeless man who sits on the corner with a sign that says, “i will accept any help, even if it’s just a smile.”
12) What is one thing that puts you in a bad mood, no matter how good you were previously feeling?
thinking about the end. well, it’s not so much a bad mood, as it is a sad one. i think what makes me grouchy or irritated is being around rude people. that can instantly turn a good day into a sour one.
13) Would you rather live in a world with or without technology such as computers, cars, airplanes, bombs?
with technology, but not with the harmful kind. we hurt each other with just our words; we don’t need any more other things that hurt.
14) If you had to live without either heating in your house or air conditioning, which one would you keep?
i would keep the air conditioning. 🙂 it does get hot enough to need it, especially after the brutal summer we had. when it does get cooler, it’s nice in that you can get all cozy snuggling up. no heater needed!
15) If you had to own five dogs, what kind would you get?
do they have to be all the same type? my sister’s ex-husband’s aunty had 5 rottweilers, and they were absolutely great dogs! she was this tiny thing, and she had these lovely dogs who protected her and were great companions. well, the male one was kept outside, and he was the protector. the other 4 females stayed in the house with her and were her companions. they were so gentle and loving. i’d want that! there’s no way 5 rottweilers could live in my tiny apartment, though, so maybe i’d have … 2? … and then the other 3 be tiny dogs, maybe like yorkshires or silkies. oh! i’ve always loved the king charles spaniels! or like those pompom ball ones…are they pomeranians? or like the japanese ones, that look so silky? well. actually, now that i’m thinking about all the clean-up i’d have to do with dogs…hmm. maybe i’d make it 1 rottweiler and 4 stuffed animal dogs. 😛