This week’s Saturday 9 is refreshingly theme free, featuring questions submitted by regular Saturday 9ers.
Crazy Sam really appreciates all the help she received with this week’s meme, and is jealously protecting all your unused questions. Expect to see them sprinkled throughout Saturday 9s in the future.
1) Do you prefer your pickle sliced thin, sliced thick, or in a spear?
i like the spears. i’m always thrilled when i receive pickles like that at restaurants.
2) What kind of eggs do you like best for breakfast?
i usually opt for scrambled, but as a kid, i loved over easy. on loco mocos, i always request over easy.
3) If you got 2 pennies for change, would you pocket them or leave them on the counter for the next person?
i pocket them. that’s why my wallet is thick with coins.
4) You’re now in charge of the manners for the planet. Tell us the new rules for cellphone etiquette.
i don’t think it’d be new–still the common courtesy ones, like put the phone away when someone is talking to you! i was talking to a dad about his daughter’s routines and schedules and the whole time, his eyes were glued to his phone. he never looked up once. even when he drops her off or picks her up, his eyes are still on his phone; she’s all excited to see him and goes running to him, and he maybe looks up enough to make sure that’s his daughter hugging him, and then his eyes go right back to his phone. so irritating. same goes for when you’re talking to people, their phone rings, and then they immediately pick up and begin talking, and not like a “i’ll call you back later” type of thing, but just talk, and i’m standing there mid-sentence sometimes, thinking, well, i guess *i’m* not that important. and i try to slink away. this is why i hate talking to people. 😛
5) You’re about to write a novel. What genre will it be (sci fi, chick lit, historical fiction, comic …)?
it would probably be some sort of realistic fiction–that’s the type i wrote in high school. it might be considered “chick lit” but not that much, i don’t think.
6) Is it a bad thing to lie to save a friend’s feelings?
i don’t think so, but i know more than a few who are just blunt and will tell you straight up, feelings spared or not.
7) Is your big toe your longest toe?
no, the toe next to the big toe is the same height.
8) Hot stone massage: yea or nay?
i’ve never had a massage. if i was cold, maybe i’d like a hot stone one.
9) Do you check the mirror before going out?
no, although sometimes i do catch my reflection in the car windows, which allows me to see that my clothes are wrinkled and hair is messy. 😛 but my reaction is always, “oh well!” and just get in the car because i can’t be bothered to go change or whatever.