1) The song refers to the singing of choirs. Have you ever been in a choir or a vocal group?
yes, but because it was mandatory for school and not because i was a good singer, because i’m not. 😛 we had to sing many songs and hymns as a school which is why i think i like a capella music so much.
2) Chris Martin sings of when he “ruled the world.” If you were in charge and had infinite power, what would you change right away?
i’d get rid of things with the power to kill like cancer or machine guns. i guess i’d have to figure out something for overpopulation, though.
3) Chris used to be married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow. USA Today, The Washington Post and The Daily Telegraph have all run articles about how Gwyneth seems to annoy so very many people. What celebrity gets on your nerves?
oh, there are quite a few. 😛 tom cruise. donald trump. several of those reality show “stars” (way too many to list). people who are just so full of themselves they don’t think about others unless they want something.
4) Coldplay’s first big hit was, “Yellow.” What color are you wearing right now?
black, mostly. there are embroidered colorful hearts here and there. 😛
5) Sam remembers when she used to hear this song everywhere and can’t believe that was 7 years ago! When is the last time you had a similar “my, how time flies!” moment?
just yesterday, i posted that exact same quote! well, except the ‘my.’ Facebook share a memory with me from a few years ago that i posted for my son’s birthday. i shared it on my timeline with an updated picture of him and the caption “how time flies!” sigh.
6) In 2008, when “Viva la Vida” was popular, John Grisham’s latest legal thriller, The Appeal, was jumping off bookshelves. What have you read this summer?
a lot of professional books, as i tend to do in the summer, to gear up for the new year.
7) Thinking of books: Let’s say a biographer has taken the task of writing your biography. What would you title your life story?
i am so not good with coming up with titles! i’ve always struggle with that, ever since high school. it would always be the last thing i came up with, after the paper had long been written. i’d sit there and think and think and think and really struggle with a title. i always wanted something clever to be the title but then i’d finally in desperation just put something generic. all the time! so my biography would be the same way. i’d think and think and think and then just end up putting “my life” or something boring like that.
8) 2008 is also the year Paul Newman died of cancer. Name a Newman movie.
…i have no idea. i really didn’t know much about him except that he always turned up on handsome actor lists and that he was in a long marriage which is unusual in those days (well, now, too). i didn’t know he died.
9) Random question: Do you like garlic?
yes, especially when it’s roasted and nice and soft. although i like it raw, too. i just love the smell of garlic! like i don’t mind peeling garlic out of its skin because then it scents my fingers with garlic, and i can’t stop smelling my fingers for like up to an hour later. mmmm.