1) Kelly Clarkson is singing an upbeat song about falling in love. Think of your favorite love song. Is it about finding love or losing it?
2) This song was co-written by Kara DioGuardi, who was a judge on American Idol. Kelly was, of course, the first American Idol. Do you watch Idol, The Voice, or America’s Got Talent?
no, i don’t. even when i had a tv, i didn’t really watch these shows. i don’t know, they seem to want to make fun of those that are horrible more than trying to improve, so it doesn’t really sit well with me.
3) In this video, Kelly is blonde. Clairol based a famous ad campaign around the assertion that “blondes have more fun.” Tell us another commercial catchphrase (it can be for any product at all).
“the best part of waking up is folgers in your cup!” haha i don’t know why that popped into my head, when i don’t even drink coffee. although i guess that’s more of a jingle than a catchphrase.
4) As a young girl, Kelly wanted to be a marine biologist. She jokes that she changed her mind after seeing Jaws. Tell us about a movie that really scared you.
i stay away from spooky movies. i saw parts of poltergeist, and that was enough for me!
5) Kelly is very involved with NASCAR, performing at pre-race concerts and appearing at their Champions’ Breakfast. Are you a race fan?
6) Kelly is married to Brandon Blackstock, stepson of country superstar Reba McEntire. Are you a country music fan?
7) The Blackstocks have a baby girl, River Rose. In May, the family visited an Australian wildlife preserve and introduced her to koalas and kangaroos. Have you visited the zoo this year?
well, it was actually called an aquarium, but it seemed to have many more animals there than fish! i think it should be called a zoo, although the city already has its own zoo…still. there were a lot more birds and animals there than fish or other marine life.
8) Upon learning that she was getting criticized on Twitter for being “big,” Kelly responded, “Say what you will. It’s a free world. It doesn’t bother me.” How about you? Do you worry what other people think of you?
yes. i kinda have to, with my job.
9) She bid over $200,000 and won a ring that had once belonged to Jane Austen. (She doesn’t have the ring, though; the British government banned its sale because it’s a historic artifact and Kelly’s money was returned.) She also has a first edition of one of Austen’s novels. Who is your all-time favorite writer?
wow. even if i had the money, i don’t know that i’d spend it on something like that! my authors tend to vary, and they are more geared towards the younger set. 😛