… because Smellyann suggested it
1) In this song, Bjork knows what she’s looking for in a mate, she just hasn’t met him yet. If you are/were still looking for The One, what two qualities would you hope he/she possessed?
someone caring & thoughtful.
2) The lyrics ask if you believe “that a dream can come true.” Do you believe that dreams come true if you wish hard enough?
no, but it may come true if you worked hard enough.
3) Bjork turns 50 this year. Do you treat “milestone” birthdays differently? Or to you, is your age just a number?
age is just a number. really, all the milestones coming up for me are ones that would rather make me hide than celebrate.
4) Bjork was always highly musical. At the tender age of 6 she began studying classical piano and flute. Sam is impressed because at the age of 6, she was still trying to master tying her shoes. Do you consider yourself musical?
i guess i am. i can’t sing for beans though i love singing, as well as dancing. i play a few musical instruments. music is just a big part of me, i think.
5) She was born and raised in Reykjavik, Iceland. While the city is known for its bar scene, beer was banned there until 1995. How often do drink beer?
heee. everytime i hear reykjavik, i think of craig ferguson. and to answer the question, never.
6) 66ºNORTH is one of Iceland’s biggest employers. This clothier makes quality outdoor wear and this time of year they sell a lot of durable rainwear. Do you have a raincoat?
no, i don’t. i don’t even own an umbrella.
7) In 1997, when this song was popular in clubs, Titanic was popular in theaters. Sam saw it and yes, she cried. How about you? Have you seen the saga of Jack and Rose? Did you enjoy it?
nope, i’ve never seen it. i don’t really care to, honestly.
8) Also in 1997, singer John Denver died. Name a John Denver song.
country roads…take me home…to the place…i belong! west virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads! i think that’s the only john denver song i know? it was one of the first songs i learned to play on the ‘ukulele.
9) Random question: If you had the opportunity to sky dive, would you take it?
nope! all i can picture is me plummeting to the earth, with a me-shaped imprint in the ground.