haha wow, the day i have a little time in the morning and decide to catch up on all the ones i’ve missed is about my home! 🙂 yay!
1) This is the theme from the TV show that originally ran from 1968 to 1980 and is on now again with a new cast. Were you/are you a fan?
no, i’m not. but we hear this theme song at every single sports event i go to. 😛 but, no, i never watched the original. my sisters are into the new one, and every now and then if i’m over at my sister’s house and she has it on, i’ll see an episode, but i don’t follow along and still don’t even know the characters’ names. i think it just thrills me to see lost cast members on there. 🙂
2) On both shows, Five-O is an elite police task force led by Det. Lt. Steve McGarrett. Who is your favorite TV cop?
i really like monk. also, detective rey curtis was a favorite, for different reasons. hubbahubba. i also liked detective goren. you can see i like detectives who use their smarts to figure out cases. and one cool-headed, handsome detective. 😉
3) On both shows, the part of Danny “Danno” Williams was played by a second generation performer. (James MacArthur was the son of Broadway legend Helen Hayes; Scott Caan is the son of movie actor James Caan.) If you followed one of your parents into their chosen profession, what would you be doing?
i would be a banker or a stay-at-home mom. i really wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, too. oh well.
4) Both shows are filmed in Hawaii, the boyhood home of President Obama. Have any of our 44 Presidents hailed from your state?
just obama 🙂
5) Kona coffee is made from beans cultivated on the Big Island of Hawaii. Are you a big coffee drinker?
no, i don’t like the stuff, although i don’t mind coffee ice cream or mudpies. my mom used to make this blended drink we’d just called “mochalattas” which was good. but otherwise, i don’t like the stuff. also, i know two people (who don’t know each other) who grew up in kona, and their summer jobs were to pick coffee off the plantations when they were teens. i guess that’s what they do there.
6) This week’s song was written by the late Morton Stevens. In addition to composing for TV shows, he was the musical director for a group of entertainers known in the 60s as “The Rat Pack.” Can you name any “Rat Pack” members?
um. i’m not sure. was that frank sinatra them? i more grew up in the age of the “brat” pack, almost all of whom i can name.
7) This week’s featured band, The Ventures, began when Don Wilson purchased a used car from Bob Bogle. During negotiations, they discovered a shared passion for playing guitar. Did you buy your current ride new or used? Did the negotiations go smoothly?
i bought it new, but that was 9 years ago. i keep thinking i should start to get a new one as my car gets nearer to 100,000. my colleague’s husband sells cars, and she’s always pushing me to go buy one from him but eh. we’ll see. i don’t know that i’m ready to add another expenses to those i already have to take care of.
8) The year this song was popular, 1969, is when Donald and Doris Fisher opened a San Francisco clothing store called The Gap. Today there are more than 3,200 Gap locations. Do you shop at The Gap or gap.com?
no, i don’t. i’m not really a clothes shopper.
9) Random question: What’s on your Saturday to-do list?
going in to work later, once son wakes up, so he can help me start packing. i’m changing locations next year, and while i’m excited about it, i dread having to move. 😦
1) Think of a neon sign you pass by often. What does it say?
OPEN. that’s usually the only signs i see.
2) In the video for this song, Demi Lovato spends a great deal of time in the water. When is the last time you swam?
it’s actually been a while, several years, i think. i don’t really swim, though. i just float about.
3) The song encourages us to “look up at the sky.” OK, we will. How does the sky look where you are today?
it’s quite cloudy. i know we are expected to have a lot of rain next week, but it’s bright enough outside that it doesn’t seem gloomy. also, it’s very humid.
4) Demi is a contributing editor for Seventeen magazine. When she was in junior high school, Crazy Sam eagerly awaited each new issue of Seventeen. When you were younger, what magazine(s) did you read regularly?
i did subscribe to seventeen when i was younger. i also subscribed to cosmo, glamour, vogue, allure, sassy (that was my fave–i actually would write letters to editor for that mag!), and rolling stone. i would get at the stores all those teen magazines–tiger beat, teen beat, bop…all of those. i also liked to get the magazines of song lyrics. gosh, i did my part taking down the rain forest, i guess, with all these magazines i had! :”>
5) Demi is an investor in the company that makes Texas Tea, a bottled beverage available at Whole Foods. Do you have any tea in your kitchen right now?
no, i don’t. i’m not a tea drinker.
6) Demi is currently on tour, performing halfway around the world in Australia and New Zealand. Have you ever had a job that required travel?
no, although i worked in an office where the “grownups” got to travel a lot (i was just a student helper) for their job. i would get all kinds of trinkets from all over the world from their travels, that they would bring back home for me, because they would spoil me rotten. 😛
7) Demi had a recurring role on the show Glee. That show’s series finale aired last month. Is there a show that’s no longer on that you miss?
i miss the mole. i miss lost, although it got weird in the end. i really miss the gilmore girls, although i can watch it now on netflix. i miss a lot of the gameshows that used to be on back in the ’80s.
8) Fast-growing fast food chain Chipotle reports that their top sellers include a burrito bowl with steak or chicken, salad with chili-corn salsa, and a soft taco. Which of these would you order?
i would order the salad, although i might eat the burrito bowl without the rice and i’d eat a soft taco, as well. but i know in the back of my mind, i have to order the salad.
9) What beverage would you like to enjoy with your burrito bowl, taco or salad?
just water for me, thanks!
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
this one was removed. 😦 had to find it on onegalsmusings.
1) This song asks, “Does anybody really care about time?” How about you? Do you pride yourself on being punctual? Or don’t you really care?
i try to be punctual on things where it matters. if it’s just like a niece’s soccer game or something, i am not always punctual.
2) The lyrics refer to a stranger asking the time. When is the last time you conversed with someone you didn’t really know? What did you two talk about?
i guess the cashier at my local grocery store. she saw my work shirt i was wearing, and it turns out that her kids go there, so we talked about that a little bit.
3) According to the Top 40 tracker Tunecaster, this song knocked Tony Orlando and Dawn’s “Knock Three Times” out of the #1 spot on the charts in January 1971. Are you familiar with “Knock Three Times?”
no, but apparently i had a crush on tony orlando and dawn, according to my mom. i guess they used to watch it, and i wouldn’t waver from the tv, just listening to them, and then i’d twirl about the house singing, “tie a yellow ribbon ’round the old oak tree.” (mostly my dad’s fault, he’d play that song a LOT.) so i must’ve heard it. i just don’t recall it.
4) Chicago is not only the name of the group but also of the midwest’s largest city. Chicago is the proud hometown of such luminaries as Bill Murray, Michelle Obama and Derrick Rose. Does your town have any favorite sons or daughters?
a few, including one tied to michelle obama. 🙂 although that would be the town i was born in, not the one i live in now.
5) The group Chicago was originally known as The Chicago Transit Authority, after the city’s public transportation system. When is the last time you were on a bus or a train?
it’s been years, but i think that i will get the chance this summer, as i’m appalled that the group i’m traveling with did not want to hire a car.
6) Four of the original seven bandmembers are still with the group … after 48 years! What’s the longest you stayed at the same job?
wow! i guess it would be my current job, i just made 20 years. :O
7) Lead singer Rob Lamm confessed that, at times, being in a band has been hard for him because he is by nature a loner. How about you? Are you more introverted or extroverted?
i am the definition of introvert, which is hard since my profession is full of bubbly, extroverted people. and i think it’s what most people expect of those in my profession, so when they meet me, it immediately raises up flags.
8) This summer, Chicago will be touring with Earth, Wind and Fire. Have you seen/will you attend any concerts in 2015?
i don’t think so.
9) Random question: What’s the last mess you cleaned up?
just tidied up my room earlier. 🙂
1) This song is about a special Easter hat to be worn with your “Sunday best.” Will you be getting dressed up this weekend?
no, probably not.
2) Sam is not crazy about hats because she cannot stand “hat hair.” Do you have a lot of hats or caps?
no, i don’t. i have one beanie and one baseball cap that i just got from my team last summer.
3) This song was inspired by New York City’s Easter Parade. Does your community host a similar event?
no, i don’t think so.
4) On April 6, President Obama and Michelle will host lucky children for the 137th White House Easter Egg Roll. Which are your favorite eggs: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside?
i love hard-boiled eggs. 🙂 so i like this time of year because everyone gives them away because they have so many, and i happily take them. 🙂 although i would love plastic eggs filled with money. 😀
5) How about Peeps? Would you rather have yellow chicks or pink bunnies?
i used to like peeps, but they make me sick now…too, too sweet. i used to like the bunnies.
6) The biggest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy, measured 34 feet tall and weighed a staggering 15,000 lbs. Do you thinks it’s possible to have too much chocolate?
wow! yes, i do.
7) Jelly beans are also popular this time of year. A 2013 poll tells us that red is by far the favorite jelly bean color, with yellow a distant second. Do you have a preference?
i don’t like jelly beans. bleh.
8) We’ve been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween?
it might be halloween, but in all honesty, i don’t eat a lot of a candy.
9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?
the beach, for some odd reason. i don’t know. i just feel so rejuvenated there.
Thinking Out Loud
ah. this song. 🙂 😢 ❤
1) This week’s featured artist, Ed Sheeran, was discovered by Elton John. Tell us your favorite Elton John song.
my dad would play a lot of elton john songs–“rocket man,” “goodbye yellow brick road,” “crocodile rock” (my dad’s favorite), the one that goes saturday, saturday, saturday…, “bennie and the jets,” “pinball wizard,” and “don’t go breaking my heart.” so those songs bring up a lot of memories. but from my first associating the songs with the person, it would be “i’m still standing”–all his weird sunglasses! haha. i also like his lion king songs.
2) Ed’s arms are covered in tattoos, so clearly he doesn’t suffer from trypanophobia, or the fear of needles. Do you get nervous when the doctor gives you a shot?
i don’t know if it’s nervousness, since i get so many, but i know i can’t look at the needle going in. i always have to look off in the opposite direction. i don’t want to see myself getting poked.
3) One of his tattoos depicts a Heinz Tomato Ketchup label. What condiments are in your kitchen right now?
i think i have ketchup and mustard. i also have honey.
4) Spotify named Sheeran the most-streamed artist in the world for 2014. Do you use Spotify? Pandora?
yes, although not as often as i used to. i think i use iTunes radio more.
5) Ed celebrated his success by purchasing a farm near Suffolk, England. Would you prefer to live in a rural, suburban or urban area?
i grew up in an urban area and right now i’m in a suburban area although it’s quickly turning urban. i don’t know that i’d like to live in a rural area, but maybe later on when i’m just over all the noise and pollution, it would be somewhere i’d like to try living.
6) In this song, Ed sings about kissing “under the light of one thousand stars.” Were you able to see the stars last night? Or was it it too cloudy or overcast?
i think it might’ve been too cloudy last night. it was extremely voggy yesterday so i think that might’ve covered up the stars as well.
7) Ed is a natural red head, a trait he shares with only about 2% of the population. Does red hair run in your family?
no, it doesn’t.
8) One of Clairol’s most popular shades is a red (Nice ‘n Easy Natural Light Auburn). Have you/would you dye your hair?
yes, i went through a period of wanting lighter hair, so i would dye it lighter. now, i tend to choose more darker shades, but it’s to cover up my white hair coming in, more than just to change the color of my hair.
9) Random question: Look at the windows in the room you’re in. Are they covered in curtains or blinds?
blinds. i think we are required to have blinds, according to house rules.