have about an hour free before dashing off again. i tell you, i really need another week of break just to relax. 😦
1) In this song, Tom sings that “it’s not unusual to go out at any time.” Will you be “out and about” this weekend?
i have been. the past two days i’ve been at the google summit for educators. i really enjoyed it, though…as much as an apple fangirl i am, i have to say i’m quite impressed with what google has. i’m even thinking of applying to be a google certified teacher. wow. that’s something i thought i’d never say! 😛 and today i’m rushing about getting ready for things and helping out my mom and all that wonderful stuff. i’ll probably sleep well tonight!
2) Before his music career took off, Tom supported himself and his young family by working as a vacuum cleaner salesman. Could the room you’re in right now benefit from a thorough cleaning with a vacuum?
yes, it could. with more than a vacuum, actually.
3) You can purchase a verified Tom Jones autograph on eBay for $299 (or the best offer). When you were growing up, did you collect signatures and sayings from your friends? (Autograph book? Yearbook? Cast?)
yes, i had several autograph books in elementary that i’d have my friends sign. then in intermediate and high school, there was the yearbook. i’ve never gotten an autograph from a famous person, though. i kinda don’t see the point. at least when your friends sign something you can go back later and read what they wrote (since most wrote long, heartfelt letters) and remember why they are your friends in the first place.
4) At the height of his popularity, female fans would throw their panties onstage at Tom Jones. Sam can’t imagine doing this, and not just because she’s not that crazy about Tom Jones. She’d be embarrassed because her underwear drawer could use a serious refresh. If you could choose one new article of clothing to add to your wardrobe today, what would it be?
i could use a good pair of pants. i’m more a dress person but some days are designated t-shirt days at work, and i don’t have nice pants to wear with the shirts. i have a weird body for pants that it makes it difficult to find comfortable, fitting pants.
5) “Tom Jones” is also the name of character in a famous 18th century novel. Tell us about a character from a book you wish you were friends with in real life.
all right, this is childish, but the last book i read with my kids was frog and toad are friends. although toad was grumpy, frog was always there for him, willing to do anything to help him out or to make him happy. we talked about how great a friend frog was, and so that’s fresh in my mind right now. 🙂
6) When this song was popular in March 1965, Sarah Jessica Parker of Sex and the City fame was born. Do you share your birthday with anyone famous?
yes, down to the exact year, although i don’t really know who he is. he was popular as a teen, i think, but i don’t know what he’s been in or what he’s up to now. i also share a birthday with someone else famous, but i think she’s a few years younger than me.
7) Also in 1965, when this song was a hit, Americans were riveted by the Gemini space program and children all over the country wanted to be astronauts. Think back to your childhood: When you were in first or second grade, what did you want to be when you grew up?
i always wanted to be a mommy. even that little, when people asked what i wanted to be when i was grown up, i answered, “a mommy.” when they’d qualify it with, “no, what career do you want?” i’d say i wanted to stay home with my kids and help raise them. i was stuck in the ’50s, what can i say. thanks to all that leave it to beaver and the donna reed show my dad used to watch. 😛
8) Fifty years ago, the most popular headache reliever was aspirin, and you could buy a bottle of 200 tablets for just $1. Do you have any aspirin in your medicine chest right now?
no, i don’t. i can’t take those types of medications; it reacts with my current medication.
9) Random question: You’ve just entered a public restroom. Would you rather find a paper towel dispenser or hot air hand dryer?
it doesn’t matter to me–i usually just dry my hands on my clothes. 😛
The I Meme
i feel like i did this one but a search turned up nothing.
I am… old.
I want… more time.
I have… little.
I wish… for happiness.
I hate… hate.
I fear… dying.
I hear… birds.
I search… for meaning.
I wonder… why.
I regret… lots of things.
I love… my family.
I never… stop worrying.
I ache… all the time.
I always… daydream.
I usually… get my work done.
I am not… strong.
I dance… all the time.
I sing… very badly.
I sometimes… fall.
I cry… practically every day.
I am not always… organized.
I lose… a lot of hair nowadays.
I am confused… with the way people act.
I need… money.
I should… end this.