when first reading this title, i got the pronouns mixed up. i thought, wow, ricky. you’re pretty cocky, aren’t you? 😛
1) What would you say is your best quality?
i’m not sure. i try to treat everyone nicely even if they burn me up inside. is that a quality?
2) In this song, Ricky sings that he’s “allergic to tragedy.” Do you suffer from any allergies?
no, i don’t think so. i do get very sneezy in dusty areas, but that might just be the dust.
3) Benadryl, the popular allergy medication, is sometimes used to treat insomnia. What do you do when you can’t sleep?
wow, i didn’t know that. i have my lavender essential oils which i inhale deeply if i cannot go to sleep. other times, i will read or watch mythbusters, which for some reason, always gets me to sleep.
4) The lyrics to this week’s song encourage us, “Don’t wait until mañana.” Are you a procrastinator?
yes, i’m afraid so. not as bad as some, but yes.
5) Ricky Martin is a judge on The Voice … Mexico, aired on Mexican television. When you watch competition shows like The Voice, Dancing with the Stars or American Idol, do you usually agree with the judges? Or do you think you could do a better job?
i don’t watch any of those shows. i used to watch dancing with the stars, and i usually agreed (or learned from) the judges. there’s no way i would think i could do a better job!
6) Ricky tells interviewers that when he was very young, he’d sing in the family kitchen, pretending a wooden spoon was his microphone. Crazy Sam admits to lip synching into a black Magic Marker. When you gave imaginary concerts, what did you use as a microphone?
we used the mustard bottle. 😛
7) Ricky began working at the tender age of 9, performing in commercials. How old were you when you received your first paycheck?
i was 16 when i got my first real paycheck. 🙂 i was so excited.
8) Ricky does yoga to stay in shape. Have you ever tried yoga?
no, i haven’t. i couldn’t do it now; i’m not as flexible as i once was.
9) Ricky is of primarily Spanish descent, with a little French mixed in. When you think of French cuisine, what comes to mind?
escargot, really. that’s all! haha. i think of french toast and french fries, but i know they’re not french. 😛