1. This song likens fluffy clouds to marshmallows. What does the sky look like where you are today?
it’s bright and sunny out today–the sky is a beautiful light blue, and i actually don’t see many clouds.
2. The lyrics refer to snowballs. Have you ever been in a snowball fight?
no, i haven’t. i made one when we went to lake arrowhead when i was 10 (last time i experienced snow!) but it was too darn cold to make any more. i didn’t get to make my snowman like i wanted to. brrr!
3. Chionophobia is fear of snow. What phobias do you have?
i have acrophobia really bad. my knees shake, and i feel really woozy. i stay away from windows when i’m up high in a building or something. if i am up high, as long as i look straight out, i’m okay. but once i look *down*…eeps! i can’t handle it. it’s why i can hike up, because i’m just looking up and out. but once i have to come back down…*shudder* i can’t handle it. my knees are like mush, and my legs don’t seem to function like they are supposed to. i can’t even look up at people who are higher up than me, like kids climbing up on a jungle gym–my knees go funny, and i start to feel like i’m losing my balance. no way i could be a tight rope walker at all!
4. In 2004, Canadian school children raised money for charity by setting a new world record: the most snow angels made in 24-hour period. Have you ever participated in a fundraising stunt?
yes, a few for school.
5. When marshmallows were first introduced, they were used for medicinal purposes. Specifically to soothe sore throats. What do you take when your throat is bothering you?
i like to get icees when my throat hurts! those are nice and soothing. i also use the throat sprays to help with that.
6. Marshmallows are an important ingredient in the Rice Krispies Treat recipe. If you were asked to prepare something for a bake sale, what would you make?
i just tried a recipe where it was like rice krispies but instead of the cereal, i used ground up mint oreos. it was pretty good! at our school bake sales, our grade level is always in charge of rice krispie treats, so i guess i would go with that even though i don’t like making them. *darn sticky marshallow* 😛 i don’t mind making like cookies or desserts, though. as long as they’re not leaving a sticky, goopy mess.
7. Darlene played Danny Glover’s wife in the Lethal Weapon movies. Do you enjoy action movies?
not really? i’m more a comedy person.
8. Darlene’s father advised her to always, “shoot for the stars.” Share some good advice you’ve received.
i always tell my kids that. i write it in my introductory letter. 🙂 lots of advice i receive is work-related, so people wouldn’t be too interested in that. i think one piece of advice i was given early on and i kinda rolled my eyes at but it turns out to be true…enjoy things while it lasts, because life moves too fast. it’s something i try to do a lot nowadays as i see how fast it is moving.
9. Will you be returning/have you returned any holiday gifts?
i didn’t get any holiday gifts this year. we decided not to exchange any, to save money. so this year we just celebrated the real reason for the season without gifts or fanfare.