yay! the snow is back on my page!
and yay! madonna! i was such a big madonna fan when i was a teen. i can still sing the whole song even though it’s been 31 years–i listened to this album constantly!
1. Have you ever wished upon a star?
2. In the 1980s, Madonna considered her wrist bangles one of her fashion trademarks. What’s one of your fashion trademarks?
oh my gosh i wore those black rubber bracelets all the time, too! 😛 i was such a fan. i think one of my “fashion” things was that my hair was always in a bun. it’s now a bit too short to stay in a bun, but prior to my recent chopping of the hair, my hair was always pulled back in a bun. kinda my “trademark” i guess? now, i don’t think i have one.
3. Though she got good grades, Madonna could be disruptive at school, known for turning cartwheels in the halls between classes. Can you do a cartwheel?
4. Her high grade point average earned her a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan, home of the Wolverines. Do you follow college football?
not as much as i used to, and i used to only really follow my alma mater’s football team. i used to go to all the games that were played in town.
5. Madonna co-starred in the movie version of Dick Tracy. Do you enjoy comics?
i do, though it’s been a loooooong time since i’ve read one.
6. She played Argentinian First Lady Eva Peron in the biopic, Evita and directed a movie about Wallis Simpson. What famous 20th century woman do you wish you could meet/could have met?
madonna? haha no. she’d freak me out. i’m not sure who i’d like to meet. i don’t do very well meeting people.
7. Madonna authored a children’s book called The English Roses. Tell us about a book that had a big impact on you when you were a kid.
well, i think it was more a whole series…i loved encyclopedia brown books, and i think that’s why i’m so into puzzles and mysteries and trying to figure stuff out, looking for clues in everything.
8. One of Madonna’s “vocal idols” is Ella Fitzgerald. Who is your all-time favorite female singer?
ask me this 30 years ago and i would’ve said madonna. but now…hmm. she’s more an actor, i guess, but i love julie andrews’s voice. the tone is just so clear. i love hearing her sing. i love the sound of music. i am also thinking of olivia newton-john, too, i guess because of grease, but she has a lovely, sweet voice…even “physical” to me sounded sweet, even though i know she was supposed to be sexy for that one. i also like others from the ’80s…cyndi lauper has a great voice, and so does pat benatar.
9. Madonna once did a Pepsi commercial. What beverages are in your refrigerator right now?
just bottles of water. 😛