1) This song was chosen because yesterday was Black Friday, the traditional day of sales. Have you begun your Christmas shopping?
well, i’ve started gathering materials for it. this year’s gifts are all going to be homemade things because i don’t have that much $ to go out and purchase stuff.
2) Are there any Thanksgiving leftovers in your refrigerator right now?
well, what i ate on thanksgiving was leftovers, but, yes, there is still a bit of that.
3) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner?
no. i stayed home this year.
4) Keith Richards likes France but, alas, the French authorities haven’t always been fond of him and his criminal record. Have you ever been to France?
no, i have not, though i would like to go.
5) Mick Jagger jokes that, to be polite to fellow hotel guests, he always finishes trashing his room by 10:00 PM. What kind of hotel/motel guest are you? Are you rockstar rambunctious, or are you quiet? Are you neat? Have you stolen any towels, bathrobes, etc.?
i’m quiet and neat. i haven’t taken anything, but i use up the little soaps and shampoos they have there.
6) Mick Jagger got his financial savvy as a student at the London School of Economics. Are you good with money?
7) In the early 1990s, a then little-known actress named Angelina Jolie appeared in a Rolling Stones video (“Anybody Seen My Baby?”). Name an Angelina Jolie movie.
i think the only thing i’ve seen her in was girl, interrupted.
8) In the early 1960s, the Stones nearly avoided tragedy when their tour bus skidded off a bridge. Tell us about a near miss you’re thankful for.
well, it’s actually a little gross, and a bit tmi, but let’s just say it ended up with me on the floor with the iron dangling just inches from my head, which would have fallen right on me if not for the cord that was caught in a drawer. i remember looking up at the iron and thinking oh my gosh! i thought that was going to be the end of me, and the state they would have found me in would not have been pretty! ugh.
9) In 1966, when this week’s song was popular, CBS telecast How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the first time. What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss story?
i would say maybe green eggs and ham. i can practically recite that word for word as my kids love to hear it, and i adopt airs while reading it which makes it favorite for them. i remember as a little kid liking “one fish two fish red fish blue fish” for some reason. that was a book often borrowed from the library by me as a just-learning-to-read-er. and i’ve always liked the sing-song melody of dr. seuss’s abcs. my sister used to read this to her son every single day, but she’d sing it, and i could never get that tune out of my head, so even now when i read it to my kids, i do that same singsongy tune she does while reading it. the kids get a kick out of that.