(A special request from Smellyann)
1) This song is body positive. In that spirit: What physical feature would you never change, no matter what?
2) The lyrics mention how often the media uses Photoshop to present a more ideal female form. Is Photoshop on your computer? If so, do you know how to use it?
no, i don’t have photoshop although i would love to learn how to use it. it’s $$$.
3) She also sings about Mattel’s Barbie doll. According to Toys R Us, this year’s best-selling doll is not Barbie but Disney’s Elsa. Have you seen Frozen?
no, i have not. i’m the only person where i work who has not seen that movie, which i found out during a recent poll that was taken. what can i say? i don’t have a little girl, nor do i see movies all that often.
4) In the video, Meghan dances merrily around her twin bed with its pink head/footboard. Describe your bed to us.
my bed is a queen bed on a frame. it has gray & black sheets, bed skirt, comforter, and pillow cases. i currently have 4 pillows, a body pillow, and an owl pillow on my bed. my bed has been well-used, with springs sticking out in several places so i often end up with scratches. it’s the same bed i had when i first moved in here 18 years ago. i just don’t have the $ right now to replace it, but it still works fine, as long as i avoid the springy parts. 😛
5) Ms. Trainor began writing songs when she was 11. Would you find it easier to write lyrics or music?
i think for me, lyrics are easier. although i can turn any line into a lyric with my own made up melodies, i wouldn’t know how to write it out, with all the different instruments and whatnot.
6) Meghan recently performed “All About that Bass” on the CMAs with country star Miranda Lambert. Who is your favorite country singer?
is taylor swift considered country? i don’t know many country singers.
7) In September, Meghan had to cancel several concerts because of throat trouble. Are you battling a cold, cough or sore throat this morning?
no, i’m fine today. i think my son is coming down with a cough, though.
8) Meghan was born in Nantucket, MA. “Nantucket” is an Algonquian name that means, “faraway island.” How did your town get its name/what does it mean?
my town is a shortened version of the original (native) name of this place, which was a volcanic cinder cone, i believe. it is named after the volcano goddess’s beloved sister, who resided in this cinder cone.
9) According to the National Weather Service, between rain and snow, winter brings Nantucket the most precipitation it sees all year. How is the weather where you are today?
it’s quite nice today. the sunlight is just streaming in, and i hear the birds chirping outside. seems like it’s going to be a nice, hot day again.