1) This song is sung by Muppet Ernie. Who’s your favorite Muppet?
i have a soft spot for gonzo.
2) Ernie became famous on PBS’s Sesame Street. What public television shows do you watch?
well, i don’t have a television so i don’t really watch anything that’s not on netflix. so none right now. but back then, it would be all those kiddie ones.
3) When you were a little kid, what was your favorite TV show?
i loved 3-2-1 contact which was a science show. i also had a strange obsession with the donny and marie show when i was 4 or 5.
4) On Sesame Street, Ernie frequently teases his best friend Bert by stealing his nose. Do you enjoy practical jokes?
hahaha i don’t remember that one! i love grumpy old bert. i don’t enjoy practical jokes so much, especially as i get older–i feel sorry for the person humiliated. i like jokes that are more witty, a play on words, makes you think type of stuff.
5) Sesame Street creators developed carefree Ernie and serious Bert to show children that different types of people can be good friends. Think about your closest friend. Tell us how you two differ.
hmm. i’ve just noticed that all my friends are loud, bubbly people. i’m so not.
6) Bert and Ernie share a basement apartment on Sesame Street. Tell us about the basement of the building you’re in right now.
i don’t think we have a basement. those are kinda unheard of here, along with attics.
7) Ernie and Bert were created by Jim Henson. In addition to being an accomplished puppeteer, Mr. Henson was also a talented cartoonist. Can you draw?
kinda. i like drawing but i don’t think i’m fabulous at it, especially with drawings that are supposed to look real. mine are cartoonish.
8) Jim Henson made his first puppets himself using felt, foam rubber, string and rods — all items that can be purchased at an arts and crafts store. When is the last time you shopped in an arts and crafts store?
you know, i’m usually at one quite often, but it’s been a while for me. i just haven’t had the money to be shopping around for stuff like that. although i do like to wander down the craft aisles in walmart. 😛 i just never really buy anything, which is hard for me to do.
9) When is the last time you took a bath (as opposed to a shower)?
it’s been years. and if you’re talking about a bath where you actually clean yourself then…even more years before that 😈