1) The video was shot on a street corner in Echo Park in central Los Angeles. If you saw a film crew making a video in your neighborhood, would you stop to watch? Or would you just keep walking?
i would stop and watch. that happened once when my mom, my sisters, and i would take our weekly walk into downtown on friday–we’d go through chinatown and this one clothing store that had nice quality clothes for marked-down prices, and then we’d walk over to the bank where my dad worked and caught a ride home with him. anyway, on one of those treks into downtown we saw magnum p.i. being filmed. my mom was obsessed with tom selleck and the show, so of course we had to stop and watch for a while. and during a break in the filming, he actually came out to the crowd that was watching and thanked us for everyone’s support and watching the show, answered a few questions, politely refused to sign an autograph because he said he only had a few minutes and it wouldn’t be fair to just sign a few and not be able to sign for everyone who was there. then he said goodbye, thanked us again, waved, and went back to filming. too bad that wasn’t a time of cell phones or a time where people carried around cameras (they were cumbersome things back then!) so we couldn’t have gotten a picture of him. but i just remember watching that and being amazed that there’s someone we saw on tv, and there he is in person, talking to us (well, the whole crowd). i remember him being tall and nice (the only actor who came over to talk to us) and just being in awe of the whole thing.
2) The singer says he remembers his girl in every dream he dreams. Do you remember if you dreamed last night?
yes, i did. i dreamt of work. 😦
3) The band Train is from San Francisco. Have you ever visited The City by the Bay?
no, i haven’t. we were actually supposed to, when i was younger and we went to california to visit family there, but then there was a change of plans, and we ended up not going.
4) Lead singer Pat Monahan got his start in a Led Zeppelin cover band. Can you name a Led Zeppelin song?
probably the most famous, “stairway to heaven.” it was one of the first famous songs i learned to play on the guitar.
5) In doing research for this week’s Saturday 9, Crazy Sam discovered a publication called Trains, The Magazine of Railroading. What’s the last magazine you flipped through?
i think it was people. or some home garden thing. it was while i was waiting to be called for an x-ray at a place that services women, so all the magazines were women-centered.
6) Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
i’m definitely a follower. they’re trying to push me to be a leader at school but i fail miserably at that.
7) Scholars tell us that “To be or not to be” is Shakespeare’s most quoted line. Give us another one.
“if music be the food of love, play on.” 🙂
8) How do you listen to music on the go? Car radio? CD changer? iPod/mp3 player? Your phone?
on the car radio, but from my phone. my phone hooks up to the car radio (and gets charged, yay!) so whatever i play on the phone gets broadcast through the car’s speakers.
9) Are you a convincing liar?
no, not really. ( 🙂 was that convincing? heeeee )