Saturday 9: All Night Long (All Night)
(because Lia asked for an 80s song)
1) This music video was produced by Mike Nesmith of The Monkees. Can you name a Monkees song?
“hey hey we’re the monkees!” and ummm… “cheer up sleepy jean…oh what can it mean to a daydream believer and a homecoming queen…” those are the only two i know.
2) The song includes the foreign sounding phrases, “Oh jambali Tom bo li d, say de moi ya,” and “Oh, Jambo Jumbo!” Mr. Richie meant to include language indigenous to the Caribbean, but was writing the song under deadline and simply made those phrases up instead. Tell about the most recent time you cheated or “cut corners.”
thursday was my son’s birthday (he’s now a teen! ack!), and we went out to eat dinner and when we got home i was so stuffed i did not want to work on anything. i lazed about and watched youtube videos instead of doing my work. so the next day i was pretty unprepared. 😳 so it wasn’t so much cheating but just kinda flew by the seat of my pants which is not a good thing in my profession but i did manage to get through the day without too many lulls. 😛
3) Richie was a frat boy at college. Kappa Kappa Psi, to be exact. Were you a member of a fraternity or sorority?
no, i wasn’t. i did belong to a club that met weekly at the beach to practice our language skills (the whole time we only spoke in that language to help immerse us in it and learn it quicker) but i wasn’t a fraternity or sorority. i’m trying to think if my college even had one?? i don’t recall hearing of anything. but then again i was uncool so probably wouldn’t have heard about it anyway.
4) When this song topped the charts (September 1983), Vanessa Williams became the first African American to be crowned as Miss America. Do you watch beauty pageants?
i used to, when i was younger. i always longed to be beautiful. *sigh* but i don’t watch them any more because i just get depressed. haha!
5) Since it’s Labor Day weekend, that holiday established to celebrate the American worker, let’s talk about the workplace. Tellers work in a bank, actors work on a stage or a set, auto workers work on an assembly line. How would you describe your workplace?
chaotic. 🙂 well, not with the kids, i tend to like a bit of order with them, but with everyone else around who allows their kids to run wild, and all the mandates we have to follow, and all the parents and government breathing down our backs… yeah. chaotic. 🙂
6) An estimated 40% of us have dated a coworker. Have you ever had an office romance?
at the first job i ever had, i was the young teenager working with a bunch of mid to late 40s men, so, no, no office romance there. they’d have been arrested! haha. though they did flirt a bit. after that, no. my career is a woman-dominated field, and the few men that are in my profession were already married to other women in my field, so … yeah. nothing on that front, either. 🙂
7) Labor Day is a big weekend for travel. How did you book your last vacation? (Online, through a travel agent, over the phone …)
my last vacation, which was last summer, was done online 🙂 the last trip i went on though, this past summer, was business, and so my boss made all the travel arrangements.
8) Mother Winters won’t wear white again now until next Memorial Day. Sam thinks that’s just crazy. Where do you fall in this heated mother/daughter debate?
i never really got that whole white wearing thing. what’s so wrong about wearing it after labor day? i say wear whatever you want! 🙂
9) When you look at back on Summer 2014, what will you remember?
i will remember being able to see my baseball team play in their home stadium 🙂 i will remember seeing whale sharks and belugas. i will remember my big health scare. i think that’s it. 😛