1) This song refers to the summer breezes and winds of mid-July. Now that July is almost over, how would you describe this month’s weather where you are?
it’s been pretty hot and humid. we did have some nice, cooling rains on some days, and even a tropical storm one night, but otherwise, it’s been quite hot.
2) The lyrics mention the “perfect plans.” Do you have plans for today? Or will you just let this summer Saturday unfold?
yes, i have plans–my son’s robotics camp graduation is today and then later on it’s a birthday party for my niece. i do plan to let tomorrow just unfold, though 🙂 it’ll be my last day of break! 😦
3) This week’s artist, k. d. lang, attended Red Deer Community College in Alberta. Red Deer’s school colors are green, black and silver. What were your school colors?
blue and white! i bleed blue and white 🙂 well, for high school. my university’s colors were green and white. i don’t know if black is one, too, as the football and volleyball teams have a lot of black in their uniforms.
4) She had a bit part in the 2006 murder mystery The Black Dahlia. Do you enjoy murder mysteries?
as long as it’s not too gruesome. i like the mystery part of it–which is why i loved law & order: ci, and more recently sherlock, and in a way, house–but i don’t like actually seeing the dismembered body there. just give me a narrative report on that, thank you. you don’t need to show me.
5) Ms. lang is a vegetarian. What’s the last beef, chicken, pork or fish you ate?
i made beef stir fry last night.
6) In 2000, when this song was released, California suffered a series of blackouts. Has your power gone out this summer?
7) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire also came out in 2000. Did you read it?
no. my son just finished it yesterday, though, and he’s now on the next one. i got him the whole series, which he’s been reading all summer. it was expensive, but i LOVE the fact that when i walk past his room and peek in, i see him there reading, instead of playing on his iPad. that was worth the price of the books. 🙂 he had gone off reading for a while, so it’s nice to see him so engrossed in these books.
8) Which would you rather have on your hot dog: sauerkraut, ketchup/mustard/relish or chili?
chili! yum! 🙂 i was actually going to go with ketchup & mustard and then i saw the last option and that made me perk up! haha!
9) If you had your choice, which would you prefer: new shoes or a new wallet?
i think i need a new wallet. i have about 4 pairs of shoes, and that’s enough for me, especially since i only really wear one of them all the time. the other 3 are more work/going out shoes. but my wallet is pretty stuffed (i wish it was with money! but it’s with cards and pictures and stuff) and it would be nice to have a more roomier one so that i can fit everything in. plus the zipper strap broke off so i have to open the zipper with my fingernail which ruins my nail art. 😛