1) Eagles lead singer Glenn Frey proclaims that he’s “feeling strong.” How would you describe yourself this fine Saturday?
it is a fine saturday. nice and bright and sunny. i am doing better than i was yesterday, and the day before, although truthfully it’s only 7am, so my mood may change later on. it’s been a roller coaster of emotions the past two days, with many more downs than ups.
2) The song begins with a rumor: “I heard some people talking just the other other day …” Have you heard anything juicy/interesting lately? Please share!
i haven’t, actually. since i’m on break and have just been a recluse 🙂 i don’t have the chance to hear anything from anyone.
3) When “Already Gone” was popular, the news was dominated by Richard Nixon and the Watergate scandal. What do you consider today’s top news story?
oh gosh. i don’t really know. without a tv i don’t watch the news any more. i guess i could go looking on the websites though 😛 but then i would just see things that make me mad or sad. i know soccer’s a big thing now with the world cup…i think the final is soon? today? tomorrow? i don’t know anything else political-wise.
4) In the 1970s, Eagles Glenn Frey and Don Henley were at the center of a social circle of very creative people, including singer Linda Ronstadt, singer-songwriter Jackson Browne and actor-comedian Steve Martin. How do you express your creativity?
usually through crafts. i have made *tons* of those rubber band bracelets lately. i sometimes crochet, sometimes knit, sometimes paint, sometimes sew. i love drawing as well–i would always make comics. i used to write stories a lot. i love music, and so i will always tend to sing my actions every now and then, tap out a beat or do some air-violin or air-guitar. oh, and there’s dance, too. it’s not uncommon to find me swaying or twirling down an aisle of a store. i’m kooky like that.
5) Even though they broke up in 1980, the Eagles are currently on a reunion tour, and after knowing each other more than 40 years, Frey and Henley still consider each other friends. What quality to do you value most in a friendship?
trust, i guess. there are people who start off as good friends but then they break the trust by blabbing to others something that was meant to be secret or do things they said they wouldn’t do after promising they wouldn’t…and that makes me not want to be around them any more. i need to know that i can confide in someone, that my thoughts and feelings are respected, that i can count on someone most times just to be there. i do have trust issues in relationships, but i think it’s been carried over to friends, as well. probably why i don’t have that many friends! 😛
6) Are there any mirrors in the room you’re in right now?
yes. my closet doors are giant mirrors, from top to bottom. i hate it.
7) What’s the last beverage you drank with ice?
hmm. i drank water yesterday that was chilled in the icebox, but it did’t have ice? let’s see. it must have been when we ate out on our trip. it was still water, but there was ice in it.
8) Whole, skim, 2%, half-and-half, almond or soy … what kind of milk is in your refrigerator right now?
i don’t have any milk in my refrigerator right now. if i did (and it’s usually only because i need it for baking or cooking), it would be whole.
9) Sam likes to mix sliced almonds into her salad. What do you think makes a good salad?
bleu cheese! yum! just sprinkle some bleu cheese over the salad, even if it’s just lettuce or spinach, and it’s made! if i were going for the ultimate salad, i’d like the mixed green assortment, shredded pieces of chicken, some cherry tomatoes, maybe a few olives here and there…and lots of bleu cheese!!!! 🙂 yummy.