1) This song is about a young man who takes advantage of his “big chance at a high school dance.” Share a memory from your high school years.
wow a whole bunch just came flooding back. let’s see. i used to go all out for spirit week. our class color was red so on class color day i’d wear red everything–even bright red lipstick, long, fake red nails, and i even spray-dyed my hair red. people were shocked at the lengths i would go through for this because i’m normally very quiet and reserved. the next day was costume day or something so i kept my red hair and went as pebbles flintstone, complete with bone through my ponytail and a leopard-printed cloth tied around my black clothes. so fun.
2) Lead singer Steven Tyler is the son of a working mother (mom Susan was a secretary). Did your mother work outside the home?
not when we were young. my mom always babysat other kids so she was always at home with them. she would volunteer during the summers at summer fun, serving lunch to the kids, so we’d be tasked with watching the kids she baby-sat for like an hour or so. we weren’t very far–we were in the same building as she was, just off to the side with the kids, so we wouldn’t be in the way. by the time my youngest sister had reached 6th grade (i was a junior in high school), my mom started working part-time at the elementary school we went to. she eventually moved into a full-time position and has been there ever since.
3) Onstage, Tyler takes colorful scarves from around his neck and drapes them over the microphone. Do you accessorize your outfits with scarves and belts? Or do you prefer to keep things simple?
i keep things simple. i rarely even wear jewelry any more. i used to always have some sort of bracelet or necklace, and i always wore earrings, but now, i don’t use anything, not even watches.
4) Tyler confessed to having a massive crush on Jennifer Lopez, his fellow judge on American Idol. Do you think a coworker has ever had a crush on you?
no. nor have i on any of them.
5) Aerosmith lead guitarist Joe Perry says seeing The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 inspired him to go into music. How did you end up in your chosen profession?
it was something i had always wanted to do, even as a young child. it just seemed like a good “mommy” job, because i knew i was always going to be a mommy. that was my strongest desire. and it just seemed nice to have the same breaks you would as your children. but i have since learned that even if you do, you can’t alway relax with your kids–and it seems to take you away from your kids even more than a regular job would. 😦 also, since we always had kids around the house (my mom babysitting) and me being the oldest, i think it got into me early about wanting to help kids and take care of them and stuff. i should have just become a babysitter like my mom, instead of the stress i have to deal with nowadays. maybe if i had been married and more traditional, i would have been able to go that route. ah well. can’t be tied down by the “what if”s.
6) Perry’s hobby, breeding horses, is very lucrative. What are your hobbies?
that’s kind of funny to think that your hobby is making sure animals breed. *snicker* my hobbies include computer stuff and the occasional interest in crafts–painting, crocheting, beading, sewing, etc.
7) Aerosmith performed before their biggest-ever TV audience when they played the Super Bowl halftime show in 2001. Are you a football fan? If so, do you prefer college football or the NFL? What teams do you root for?
i’m not a big fan. i do prefer the college football games than the nfl–i think those guys are too overpaid and it goes to their heads. i root for the local university’s team. i used to go to all their football games (as well as volleyball) and just enjoyed the whole atmosphere. i hear it’s very different now (i haven’t been to one in person for over 15 years), with a lot more drunken behavior and taunting. sad, really.
8) Now that we’re into summer, the days are longer. When is the last time you watched the sun set?
i see the sun set every evening when i’m driving home from work 🙂 but as far as actually sitting on the beach and watching it disappear into the ocean…hmm. maybe about 6 months ago, last december.
9) What time did you go to sleep last night?
i actually went to sleep very early, but woke up at 1am with a terrible tummy ache. that kept me up for about 2 hours or so. i finally fell back asleep and woke up a few hours later. i started this but then fell asleep again 😛 and woke up a few hours later to finally complete this. phew. hope i’m up for good now otherwise i’ll be up late tonight 😦