1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you?
well it depends on the age of the person. for the young ones, i choose the characters that i know they like, although i do make sure that the words say something i would say. for the older ones…i guess i do kinda look at the pictures, to make sure it’s not too girly for guys, but it’s mostly what it says inside that makes me choose it or not.
2. What’s your favorite kind of cake?
ice cream cake. the kind that’s totally made out of ice cream with no cake in it at all.
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them?
i do make gifts, even if it’s just a small bracelet or trinket, like for my nieces, that i stick in their envelopes with a card and money. well, i guess that only goes for girls, because i don’t do that for my nephew. i think with guys i tend to buy things more, and with girls, i tend to make them more. i think subconsciously i think that the guys won’t appreciate it anyway, so why waste the time? heehee.
4. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
“how are you?” i’ll let him lead the rest of the conversation.
5. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?
oh, gosh, pop-up ads are the worst. my emails have pretty good spam filters, so rarely does any get through, but you can’t escape those darn pop-ups. especially the kind that don’t pop up in a separate window, which my browser will automatically delete. no, it’s those that blacken out the whole page you’re looking at so they can show their little ad, and you either have to wait x amount of seconds or press the little “X” in the corner. so irritating.
6. What was the best party you’ve ever been to?
i really can’t recall. i’m not a party person.
7. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
too loud. well, it does kinda depend on what you’re doing, like if you’re in a store or a restaurant, and there’s not even music playing, or people chattering, then it’s kinda awkward for it to be too quiet. and i do need some sort of background noise to sleep, otherwise it’s too quiet for me to sleep. but i much prefer the quiet than the loud.
8. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second?
i would take my chances. it’s only $50. now, if it was $500, with the second envelope maybe having $5,000 or so…i’d keep the $500. but $50? that’s not even enough to pay any of my bills.
9. Do you wish cellphone etiquette was a required class upon purchasing one?
well, i guess i don’t work in a place where cell phones bother me, so i’m not that irritated by people’s lack of etiquette with the cell phone that i’d wish they all have to take a class before purchasing one. but there are other things i wish people would take a class on before getting themselves into a particular situation!
10. What’s the most messed up food combination that you’ve had that was actually good?
well, my nature box just came today, with some combinations that i’ve never heard of, and, frankly, some of them don’t sound very good. but i guess i need to try it before i judge it. i actually kinda liked this popcorn thingie i had that had cheetos and m&ms and … something else, i can’t remember. i didn’t think it matched all together, but it actually did. it was pretty good.
11. What’s one of your most random pet peeves (something that annoys you)?
i don’t like when people park over the line into my space. grr.
12. When is the last time you had home cooking?
i just cooked dinner an hour ago. if by home cooking, you mean my mom’s cooking, then that was this past wednesday. she made her spare rib miso soup that my grandma used to always make. mmm.
13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would you choose?
well, i haven’t gotten that far in the series, but i think i’d be morgan le fay.
14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose?
i actually had several dreams that i lived in the loft with the other new girl characters. that would be funny, though i’m not as quirky and cute as jessica day. i totally wouldn’t fit in. in fact, i wouldn’t fit in among many of the people on sitcoms, with their perfect hair and their good looks. but if i had to choose–maybe like “i dream of jeannie” or “bewitched.” i would love to be around someone with magic powers.
15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, what would it be?
i’d love to be a dolphin, just roaming the big, wide ocean. but there are so many dangers out there, and i might be corralled inshore and killed. maybe i should be a pampered lapdog.
16. What’s your favorite girl’s name?
i always liked the name stephanie.
17. What’s your favorite boy’s name?
i liked the name braden for while.
18. What’s your supermarket of choice?
for the longest time it was safeway, but in the last few months, it’s been foodland. i love our new foodland. it has so many things that you just don’t find in other places.
19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?
i would go as a boring person.
20. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
i actually don’t go to the concession stand. but i guess you can’t beat buttered popcorn.