1) This song is about a friendship that turned romantic … and it doesn’t end happily. Have you ever crossed that line with a friend? If so, how did it work out?
yes, i have. i think all of my relationships started out as friends first. none of them worked out, so maybe that’s where i’m going wrong. 😛
2) When he was a kid, this week’s singer, Alex Clare, listened to his dad’s Stevie Wonder records. When you were in 7th/8th grades, what music were you into?
well, it wasn’t by choice, but we heard a lot of rolling stones music growing up–my dad would crank up his record player, filling the whole house (and i’m sure our neighbors’ houses, as well) with songs from album after album of the rolling stones. he’d also play the beatles and the kinks, and once in a while jimi hendrix and janis joplin, but it was mostly the rolling stones. so it was kinda natural that my first big music act that i was into was joan jett. i think i was around 7th grade? i love rock ‘n’ roll was the first album i had purchased. i was into the rocky type of music before getting into the poppy music later in high school.
3) “Too Close” has been featured on the TV show, The Vampire Diaries. Do you enjoy shows/books/movies about the supernatural?
no!!! they scare me!!!
4) Some of Alex Clare’s tour dates were sponsored by Bud Light. Do you like beer?
no, i don’t.
5) Mr. Clare trained to be a chef, just in case the music thing didn’t work out. Are you a good cook?
no, i’m not. i do enough to get by, but i’m not like my sister, who also trained to be a chef. she can do nothing wrong in the kitchen.
6) Crazy Sam is forever running out of mayo because she slathers it on her sandwiches. What is currently on your grocery list?
i just went grocery shopping yesterday so i don’t have anything on the list right now. i had to get an onion and some beef because my mom had given me a bag full of broccoli, and i wanted to make beef broccoli last night.
7) Where are you most likely to find spare change — between the sofa cushions, in your jeans as you toss them into the washer, or under the floor mat of your car?
probably under the floor mat of my car. i always drop coins in my car. i once couldn’t move my carseat and had to drive with pillows behind my back to get my foot to reach the pedals. when i took it in, they removed my seat and found a dime that had fallen in the rail thingie that was preventing my carseat from moving forward. whoops. but i don’t carry money in my pockets so they wouldn’t fall in between the sofa cushions nor be in my clothes when i’m washing them.
8) How did you spend your Friday night — working late, hanging out with friends, or just enjoying a quiet night at home?
a couple of years ago, it was hanging out with my buddy at work. gosh, i so, so, so miss that. i always looked forward to that because we had great vent sessions. she transferred, though, and i’m not really close with anyone else, so i don’t have that any more. 😦 it’s usually spending a quiet night at home. i don’t mind that, but i do miss the talking and bonding over idiotic things we have to encounter at work.
9) Do you use Pinterest?
no. but i’ve been told i should because i fit the demographic.