1)This week’s song was once named the favorite love song of Bud Wiser, the godfather to this humble blog. With Valentine’s Day coming up, what’s your favorite love song?
i actually liked this one song, but it reminds me too much of my sister & her husband, because she uses that as her ringtone for his calls, and since they’re going through a rough patch right now, it kinda hurts to hear it. i think another one would be “unchained melody” because it conjures up visions of ghost for me, and i always thought that was very romantic.
2) When this song was first released back in 1973, the “Why don’t we get drunk and screw?” refrain was considered shocking. With the explicit sexual content in many of today’s songs, it now hardly raises an eyebrow. When is the last time you were shocked? (Not just by a song, by anything at all.)
i was shocked by a music video i saw. i guess the song’s pretty old by now but i had only just heard of it (and only now get the references to past conversations) so i looked up the video and was just 😯
3) Buffett named his first daughter Savannah, presumably after his favorite city. Tell us about your favorite city.
my favorite city would be described as “quaint” by some, which is fine with me–i don’t need all the hustle and bustle of the city. i grew up with that and now just prefer it to be quiet and peaceful.
4) Mr. Buffett opened a Margaritaville Casino in Atlantic City. Have you ever gambled in Atlantic City? What about Las Vegas?
no, i haven’t been to either. i know, there’s a shock.
5) Saving Florida’s manatees is a cause near and dear to Jimmy Buffett’s heart. If we were to make a $100 contribution to any charity in your honor, which would you choose?
well, it is heart month, so that would be a worthy cause, considering it’s women’s #1 killer. but i’d also want something to go towards cancer research. with some predicting that cancer cases will rise 70% in the next few years, that’s something that should be funded to find a cure for that.
6) If today was your birthday, your astrological sign would be Aquarius. How often do you check your horoscope?
i don’t any more. i used to when i was younger; i just liked to see what they would say even if i didn’t follow its advice or hope that something it predicted would come true. it was just fun to read. but seeing i don’t even see newspapers around any more (which is where i used to read them), i don’t read them any more.
7) On this date in 1974, the show Good Times (“Dy-no-mite!”) premiered and, much to Sam’s confusion and chagrin, still enjoys an audience in syndication. Tell us about a pop culture phenomenon that you just never got into.
that would be a lot of them! heehee. i don’t get the twerking, for example.
8) Is there a home improvement project on your list of things to do?
not right now. wouldn’t be able to afford it, anyway.
9) A warm-weather choice to consider on a February day: Ice cream sundae or banana split?
ice cream sundae sounds lovely right about now. mmm.