1) The Bodyguard is the best-selling movie soundtrack ever and this is the song most often associated with Whitney Houston. Is it on your iPod/mp3 player?
no. i don’t like whitney houston, nor do i care for this song. in fact, it reminds me of the gilmore girls, which makes me kinda sad.
2) In the movie, Rachel (Whitney) sings “I Will Always Love You” after she realizes she can never see Frank (Kevin Costner) again. What song reminds you of a past love?
oh, there are many! there’s those that makes me remember the person in good ways, and some that really hurts my heart to hear them.
3) Despite the movie’s and the song’s overwhelming popularity, Whitney Houston was awarded a Razzie Award as the worst actress of 1992. What’s the most recent criticism you received?
that i’m ineffective. i’ve actually been called ineffective and incompetent many times in my career, but nothing hurt worse when i was accused of not caring.
4) On the bright side, share the last compliment you received.
hmm. i don’t know if it’s truly what the person said, but last week, a colleague told me that the boss said i was dependable, which really brightened my day. i swear i’m invisible in the boss’s eyes. i don’t know if that’s the exact word that was used, though. it could have been the colleague just buttering me up.
5) In the 1980s, when Whitney first burst onto the scene, a trendy woman wore big hair, big bows and big shoulder pads. Can you think of anything you wore that was fashionable at the time, but looking back, makes you cringe? (An embarrassing photo to accompany your answer would be nice!)
i don’t think i ever did the big hair, but i did the big bows, the banana clips, and the big shoulder pads, along with the many black rubber bracelets and big hoop earrings. thankfully, there are no pictures in existence of me like that. 😛
6) When this song was popular, cell phones were uncommon and Facebook was unheard of. Which has had a bigger impact on your life — smart phones or social networking?
the smartphone. that has helped many a bored moment while waiting for things or people. plus, i like being able to access information quickly, and i like that my music is there, too. i do like Facebook because it keeps me in touch with family members and friends that i haven’t seen in a long, long time, and live far away enough that i can’t regularly see them–i like seeing what’s going on in their lives, which is something i wouldn’t have been able to do before. but that’s about the only part of social networking that has really changed my life, i think. it’s been more the phone. and i can get that on the phone, anyway! 😛
7) Whitney’s marriage to Bobby Brown left many people shaking their heads. Whitney and Bobby’s daughter recently married the young man who was raised as her brother. Have you ever been in a relationship your friends/family didn’t approve of?
well, no, but i think they didn’t know about the one that they wouldn’t have approved of. which is why i didn’t say anything about him to them. 😛
8) Whitney Houston’s grave marker reads, “I Will Always Love You,” so obviously her family is very proud of the success of this recording. How would you like to be remembered?
i don’t think i’m all that memorable.
9) Whitney was born in Newark, the largest city in New Jersey. It’s a major air, rail and shipping hub, and it’s in the Eastern Time zone. Have you ever been to Newark … or any town in New Jersey?
no. i haven’t been east of san antonio. well, san antonio’s the only other place i’ve been to besides california. 😛