1. As you can see, when Sam Winters was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?
i would ask for money. 🙂 i am completely strapped at the wrong time of year after having to pay a car expense and son’s tuition. my little cushion has been depleted, and i don’t know how i’m going to pay for christmas gifts so i haven’t even started on those yet. 😦 so a nice amount of money would really be helpful. 🙂
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
i’m not naughty. i don’t know that i’ve been all that nice, but i’m not naughty. 😛
3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?
i’m not traveling anywhere. it’s going to be a bit different this year because we used to always go to my grandma’s. but since she passed the day after christmas last year, i don’t know where we’re going to get together, nor *if* we are going to get together. it’s just a bit sad, with her birthday being yesterday and the anniversary of her passing 6 days later. thinking of her still makes me cry.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
no, i can’t afford it. i did look into those 3ds consoles in black friday ads and longed to get one but…i’ll have to wait on that. that’s what i would get though if i did have the money.
5. What’s your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year?
i really like a charlie brown christmas, but i haven’t seen it yet. i also remember always watching those rudolph the reindeer and frosty the snowman stop motion ones. i haven’t seen those either yet. i guess it’s kinda hard to see them when you don’t have a working tv. 😛
6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread?
i can’t really have either, but i’ve always loved candy canes. i like minty things. i recently got to have a sip of a gingerbread latte and a peppermint mocha and i far more enjoyed the peppermint one. it tasted like it was stirred with a candy cane. 🙂
7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.
i’m not sure it’s a carol, but i can’t get that darned “jingle bell rock” out of my head! i hear it *everywhere*. it drives me bonkers! it makes me far more grumpy every time i hear it!! and i hate that it repeats in my head over and over even after the song has ended. it even pops up even when there’s no music playing, just because they play that song so many darn times that it’s in constant rotation in my head! aughhh!!!!
8. What’s your favorite winter beverage?
i don’t drink egg nog any more, so i don’t know. i usually just drink water but i wouldn’t mind a peppermint hot chocolate 🙂 i really shouldn’t drink one though, and it hasn’t been cold enough yet to have the craving yet, so it’s just water for now.
9. What will you remember most about 2013?
i don’t know. it just seemed to fly by this year! i couldn’t believe how quickly november came, and now it’s already the end of the year. i don’t know what happened to the days. this must be what it’s like when you’re getting up there in age. your life is just flying by. 😦