**note: i thought it would read better if i started with the end so that it would scroll continuously in the right order, so i went back and switched the dates around so the first is now the latest. that might make some questions not make sense. although i guess a lot of them don’t regardless!**
yes, you read that correctly. 5,000! that just blows my mind. 5 THOUSAND.
i had a strange urge to just meme so i went to sunday stealing and i saw this 5,000 question survey. you have got to be kidding me! i went and looked at the original and wow. there really is 5,000 questions. wow.
so i figure, if i do 100 a day, i’ll finish in 50 days, which is about the length of my vacation. since i have the time, might as well, right? so … i timidly step into these waters and will try it. i may do more than one part a day, and i may skip a day or so, but my goal is to finish before i have to go back to work. 🙂
1. Who are you?
i am me. this whole journal is me. and i’m sure this survey will make one know more about me that he or she wouldn’t want to know.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
i’m quiet. i’m shy. i’m a mom.
3. When you aren’t filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
hee. i’m usually reading or researching things. or watching youtube.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time).
hmm. i’ve taken many, many classes, and have liked most of them. i don’t think i’d be able to list them all here.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
clean! i’ve been thinking about it since the beginning of this year. i hope i can do it.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
definitely in that mid-life crisis stage. it is so not a myth, as i always thought it was, just something made up for tv. it is darn real. i hate it.
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
i think i’m more childlike in that i don’t know a lot of mature things. but i’m sure people will say i’m childish.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
um. i was singing along to a song. the last thing i actually said might have been, “thanks.”
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
no, but my son has, and i kinda thought about joining it, as well, but i’m nowhere near as flexible as i once was.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
it stays the same.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
oh, i love a rainy [day]. heh now i have that song stuck in my head. but i do like rainy days. it makes me feel cozy.
15. Which is worse…losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
um. i would think losing your luggage is.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
Will you miss them when they are gone?
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
hmmm. there’s always exceptions.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
sigh. i wanted to be a teacher. be careful what you wish for.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
i feel like i don’t give as much as i should. so i guess i’m a taker.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
i try to.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
losing someone close.
25. Who have you hugged today?
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A singing & dancing
B cleaning things just by thinking about them
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
hmm. i think how other people make me feel.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
trust. understanding each other. being able to make each other laugh.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A pay off the mortgage.
B see different countries.
C find a way to be immortal.
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A i want all cancer cells to die so i can avoid painful losses or chemotherapy.
B i want hate to die so that we can avoid wars.
C i want centipedes to die so i can avoid being bit.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
no, not really. though i do tend to donate a bit to american cancer society and american heart association.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
20’s: i think of flappers and gangsters.
40’s: world wars.
50’s: leave it to beaver.
2000 (so far): inventions.
2010’s: youth is wasted on the young.
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
the 80s 🙂 because it was the best! 🙂
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
i’m sad to think the songs i grew up listening to are probably considered oldies now. 😦 but probably … hmm. i was going to say a rolling stones song but for some reason, “you really got me” is just going on and on in my head now.
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
the united states, and the president is.
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
hmm. i haven’t watched tv in a while. i can’t even think of what i used to watch. i don’t think any of the music channels play music videos any more?
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
i don’t really know the disney villains. hmm. would p. sherman be considered one? 🙂
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
because there’s no light?
43. What does your name mean?
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
hmm. both intrigue me.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Different: the same.
Clash: rock the casbah.
Pulp: orange juice.
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
i don’t want to meet anyone who is dead!
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
hmm. i don’t know. maybe someone blind.
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
we used to watch grease every single day when we were younger. i don’t know that there’s any i would do nowadays.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
oh gosh. i hope there’s a bathroom and stuff to eat or drink at least?? yikes.
50. Have you ever saved someone’s life or had your life saved?
no, i don’t think so.
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words…
Fruitgoogle: a type of fruit drink made up of lots of different types of fruit.
Ambytime: when you need to take a little break and go out and walk around.
Asscactus: hard to pronounce words that are a pain.
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
i printed, assembled, and bound my planner.
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
hmm. i liked drawing, so it would just be a pencil and a pack of paper. i also always carried around my raggedy ann doll.
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
maybe the beach? it’s more who i’m with that would make it good.
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
um. nothing different? unless the rainbow is very short or very bright or something.
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
59. What is your idea of paradise?
being able to relax and not worry about anything.
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
i think it depends on the perspective–some people say kind, but some people say vengeful. depends on which side you look at it from.
61. Do you believe in Hell?
i often wonder if i somehow wandered there by mistake.
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven’t?
get up on stage and danced and chanted.
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
i’m not very kind.
64. Are you a patient person?
65. What holiday should exist but doesn’t?
anything in april should be fine. 🙂
66. What holiday shouldn’t exist but does?
all of them should exist as they give people a break.
67. What’s the best joke you ever heard?
i don’t remember jokes very well.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
ever? gosh. when i was younger i went to disneyland. i don’t remember it, but i guess it must have been fun?
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
i’m not up front, but i don’t have any deep, dark secrets.
71. What is under your bed right now?
hopefully not king centipede.
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
i don’t think i’d want to live there.
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
74. What is the world’s best song to dance to?
there are many danceable songs.
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
we did the wobble on the last day of school.
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
i guess disney? though mickey irritates me.
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
i used to be. i’m more of a realist now, i guess.
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
would we? i never studied physics, so i don’t know.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
be a mom.
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
i don’t know. you look at places that have strict laws that have low crime, but you know they don’t have as much freedom as we do. but sometimes i think that’s the problem, is that there are too many freedoms which leads to this entitlement that a lot of people have and it’s what causes problems.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
i don’t think i could survive at the north pole, but i don’t like being very hot, either. if i lived on the equator i’d need a lot of water and a/c, please.
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
i’ve already given up television, so … yeah. that.
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
someone who’s not in it for the glory.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
no, but then again, i don’t have newspapers or anything that has coupons in them.
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class…dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
91. In Star Trek people ‘beam’ back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person’s memories. So…
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
what does that mean??
92. What insects are you afraid of?
any that can hurt you.
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
94. What’s the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
i dressed up as a cave girl once–put a rawhide bone in my ponytail and wore an animal print cloth toga-styled. but, yeah, that was halloween. i think most of my clothes people would think is weird because it’s not in style.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
96. What are your parents interested in?
hmm. i don’t know? my parents both loved to challenge each other in scrabble. and they both like football.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
heh, no, but my sister did. she called the little bug belle and kept it in a music box.
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
i’m not sure how wishes are helpful?
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
morning, if i don’t have to work.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
my phone, a flashlight, and bug spray.