1. When were you last on a ‘mountaintop’? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense of the word.
this past summer we went to two mountaintops. i had to drive both times. 😯 i HATE driving, and it’s even worse on a steep, unlit, curvy road with an unfamiliar car. *shudder* oh, it was beautiful once on top, but getting there–and leaving!–was horrid!
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own?
i’m not as strict as i used to be when i was just starting out. i make a little more now than i did then, plus my car’s paid off now, so i have a little extra room to wiggle, whereas back then, i didn’t. i had to really watch what i spent and make sure i had enough for all the bills. my advice, which probably is not so much advice, but common sense, is to plot out all your bills beforehand, and put that aside, before spending on anything else, including food. don’t go spending money first and then come to the end of the month and you realize that you do not have enough money for your rent, etc. do that first. take care of your responsibilities towards others before taking care of your own wants.
3. Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie-cherry cola-black forest cake-or a scoop of Ben and Jerry’s Cherries Garcia…pick one.
i like cherries, but only fresh. i don’t care for cherry-flavored things, especially cherry cola–ick! i love to eat fresh cherries, though. yum. if i had to pick one, i guess i’d pick the ice cream, although i’ve never had it. but i’m hoping the creamy taste will overwhelm the cherry taste.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don’t know?
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip?
PASSENGER!!!!! i am always the driver 😦
my last road trip was to the mountaintops in #1. 🙂 although i guess it’s nothing to people on the mainland who drive for days. it’s not as scary, though!!!!
6. If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent?
hmm. i guess black.
7. Who’s your favorite senior citizen and why are they special?
it would’ve been my grandma 😦 it’s been nearly 2 months since she passed. miss her lots. 😦 she was special for the way she loved. she always made me feel so special, and that’s why she’s special to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
well, now i can’t stop thinking about grandma! *sniff*
i also have another nerve-racking observation tomorrow. it’s whole school, again, so there’s a schedule of when they’re coming in and what they’re going to be looking at. tomorrow’s focus is organization. i’m happy that we talked about organization a LOT earlier in the school year so my kids know it well–i just still fear being told i’m doing everything wrong, and i’m ruining everything, and i’m just an incompetent fool. which i’ve been told before, so…yeah. it still haunts me. and i therefore get super nervous about these things that i can’t even eat. right after last week’s observation team came in, my tummy growled! i hadn’t eaten days before then, so once they left, i guess i could finally realize that hey, i had been hungry all that time! heehee. i’m not as bad this week; i guess because my room’s already prepared from last week, and, like i said, i think i got the organization part pretty okay. i just know they’ll find something to grumble about, though.
and then next week, we have *another* one. sigh.